Re: [Ietf108planning] Registration open for IETF 108

On 6/11/20 3:24 PM, Spencer Dawkins at IETF wrote:

We can always move towards shaming in public if we need to, but it's hard to back off from it, once you've tried it :-)

And, re: "students/young people are our future", I'm still startled to hear how many of key attributes of the Internet came from people I know now, but didn't realize that they were graduate students when they made those contributions. So, +1 to that.

I get the impression that this is more about is your $CORP sending you, or are you paying for it on your own dime. A proxy for that is whether they're paying for flights, board, etc. I stopped going after I left Cisco, but might have been convinced to keep going if it were available online and cheap. Heck, I hosted the "social" at my house in SF when they inexplicably didn't have a meeting-wide one, and I didn't pay the meeting fees. Had I got a waiver, I almost certainly would have participated in the meeting.

Mike