Re: Wiki RFC

The page is on:
http://tikiwiki.org/tiki-index.php?page=RFCWiki

Also some background
http://tikiwiki.org/tiki-index.php?page=TextWiki

and the syntax to be put in RFC format:
http://doc.tikiwiki.org/tiki-index.php?page=Wiki+Text+Formatting

Anybody wanting to help is most welcome...

On Thu, 2004-01-29 at 15:40, Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:
please do - it would follow in the glorious tradition of publishing RFCs
for such useful things as the OGG file format, the Vorbis codec and the
zlib compression formats.....

--On 29. januar 2004 15:10 +1200 Franck Martin <franck@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Well,
>
> As part of the www.tikiwiki.org project, I have been talking about
> writing the wiki syntax into an RFC like documentation. I think the wiki
> syntax in this project is in documentation format but not looking like an
> RFC.
>
> I think we could quickly whack an RFC on wiki, and ask people to
> contribute to it... When it is stabilised we could submit to IETF.
>
> The advantage, is that there is already an implementation, the other
> advantage would be to bring some standardisation in all the wiki.
>
> I think since the creation of the Web, there has not been such a
> revolution as wiki. Imagine an e-mail message wiki formated. No need to
> use HTML anymore in a multi part message. The text can be read as is, or
> wiki interpreted for better display...
----
Franck Martin
franck@xxxxxxxxx
SOPAC, Fiji
GPG Key fingerprint = 44A4 8AE4 392A 3B92 FDF9  D9C6 BE79 9E60 81D9 1320
"Toute connaissance est une reponse a une question" G.Bachelard