Re: Wiki RFC

Well,

As part of the www.tikiwiki.org project, I have been talking about writing the wiki syntax into an RFC like documentation. I think the wiki syntax in this project is in documentation format but not looking like an RFC.

I think we could quickly whack an RFC on wiki, and ask people to contribute to it... When it is stabilised we could submit to IETF.

The advantage, is that there is already an implementation, the other advantage would be to bring some standardisation in all the wiki.

I think since the creation of the Web, there has not been such a revolution as wiki. Imagine an e-mail message wiki formated. No need to use HTML anymore in a multi part message. The text can be read as is, or wiki interpreted for better display...

Cheers

On Thu, 2004-01-29 at 13:25, Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:
--On 28. januar 2004 12:49 +1200 Franck Martin <franck@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I was just wondering if there has been any work to standardise the Wiki
> syntax/system into an RFC?

AFAIK, no.
Do you know of any effort to make stable documentation for the WIKI syntax
& functionality, or is it just "use the Source, Luke"?
----
Franck Martin
franck@xxxxxxxxx
SOPAC, Fiji
GPG Key fingerprint = 44A4 8AE4 392A 3B92 FDF9  D9C6 BE79 9E60 81D9 1320
"Toute connaissance est une reponse a une question" G.Bachelard