Re: Registration details for IETF 108

A few detailed questions here I didn’t answer in my consolidated response:

On 2/06/2020, at 4:37 AM, Robert Raszuk <robert@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

(I didnt have time to follow all exchanges but do wonder whether the $230/person reg. fee can be reduced)

Is there some URL describing this decision ? What exactly is this fee for ?

Ability to attend online WG sessions ?
Does it also extend to interim meetings ?

Ability to attend all sessions that are scheduled as part of IETF 108.  The agenda is still to follow and the decision on what is part of IETF 108 and what is not is for the IESG.

Would it still apply when onsite meetings start to happen ?

No decision has been made about that.

What if chairs will call-up an informal zoom or google meet session without any fees ? Will they be fired from chair positions of a WG ?

That is a question for the IESG.

Would we also start to see charges for participation in email lists ? Or charge per email sent ?

There are no plans for that nor is it under discussion.

And last would recordings of the meetings be available for free ?

Yes, recordings and proceedings would continue to be available for free.

Jay

Depends on those answers I guess this may be very well the beginning of email based standards process even further discouraging those not associated with any big vendor/sponsor to participate.

Kind regards,
Robert

--
Jay Daley