Re: BoF's in the Age of Covids

On 5/17/20 7:16 PM, Spencer Dawkins at IETF wrote:

In meat-space, this was what we intended the HotRFC sessions on Sunday nights of IETF week to be.

We didn't have HotRFC for IETF 107, and no one complained because we were thrilled we could actually get all the BOFs, area sessions, and first-time working groups scheduled, but if we're not going to have a face-to-face session in 2020 (does anyone think we are?), it may be worth asking the Aaron Falks of the world to think about what they need to run HotRFC virtually, really, and whether that could be done more frequently than three times per year.

I note that "how important is HotRFC for IETF 108?" was on the meeting survey a couple of weeks ago - perhaps we got some helpful thoughts there, too.

Oh, that's interesting. Sort of a spoken version of the bulletin board. I like that it acronym collides with rfc and is actually true to its acronym unlike it's elder :)

A virtual one would actually have an advantage that you could post a bar bof conference url too.

Mike