Re: IETF 108 will be an online meeting

+1

Cheers,
Jeff
On May 15, 2020, 12:06 PM -0700, Juan Carlos Zuniga <j.c.zuniga@xxxxxxxx>, wrote:
Indeed Jordi, the work that has been done for Madrid will not be wasted.

I look forward to seeing you and all of the IETF colleagues in the near future!

Juan Carlos

On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 6:36 PM Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hiya,

On 14/05/2020 22:40, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:

> this was a very sad decision from my side
> (many of you know that it took 20 years for me and lot of persistent
> effort, to get IETF108 in Madrid!),
My sympathies! Even if I didn't like Madrid (I do), I would
now, for this reason alone, be keen for us to have an IETF
meeting in Madrid as soon as we can. Fairness is fine
in more than the transport layer, and I think it'd only be
fair for those of us who pick venues to recognise the years
of effort upended by the cancellation. (Which is a good bit
worse than Vancouver, us having met there a few times.)

Cheers and hoping we all meet soon,
S.