IETF 108 Birds of a Feather (BOF) proposals due in 4 weeks

I wanted to let everyone know that proposals for "Birds of a Feather” (BOF) sessions at IETF 108 are due no later than Friday, 12 June at 23:59 UTC.

Instructions for submitting your proposal are available at:

https://www.ietf.org/how/bofs/bof-procedures/

Please also read RFC 5434 (https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5434), Considerations for Having a Successful Birds-of-a-Feather Session, if you are not familiar with it.

While IETF 108 is being converted from an in-person meeting to an online meeting, we still expect to schedule BOFs as online sessions. The online IETF 108 meeting will take place 27-31 July from 11:00 to 16:00 UTC each day.

If you are working on a BOF request but you’re not quite ready to submit it, please tell the IESG now by sending an email to iesg@xxxxxxxx to get advance help with the request. We have a number of ways of bringing new work into the IETF and BOFs are just one of them, so please talk to the IESG or an individual Area Director (https://www.ietf.org/about/groups/iesg/members/) about your idea if you’re thinking about proposing a BOF.

More information about IETF 108 will be available soon at:

https://www.ietf.org/how/meetings/108/

Thanks,
Alissa Cooper
IETF Chair