Re: BoF's in the Age of Covids

Hi,

I agree with Michael Thomas' points.
We may conclude that the Age of Covids will end up a very decreased BoF activity in IETF simply because people's hands are tied.

Regards,
Behcet

On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 3:16 AM Michael Richardson <mcr+ietf@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Michael Thomas <mike@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
    > On 5/11/20 4:14 PM, Michael Richardson wrote:
    >> Michael Thomas <mike@xxxxxxxx> wrote: > It's been my impression that a
    >> substantial amount of the work for > putting together BoF's, etc has
    >> been done loosely and informally > usually in the setting of a meeting
    >> and drinking beers with others (aka > bar BoF). Since we seem to be
    >> doing neither neither these days, from > what I can tell this list is
    >> the closest to that in purpose. Yet since > it's ietf-wide it includes
    >> lots of different areas and interests it's > easy to see how the
    >> signal to noise ratio might get bad in a
    >>
    >> I agree that ietf@xxxxxxxx is a good starting point, but I think one
    >> needs to take a bit of a shotgun to a half-dozen other MLs to let
    >> people know you are thinking of something.  ietf@xxxxxxxx is not
    >> universally read, alas.  Also making use of Any-of-Other-Business
    >> section of other virtual interims to talk briefly about things.  I
    >> wouldn't be afraid of babbling about such things in the jabber, DURING
    >> (virtual) meetings, but also in hallway@

    > You mean wg ml's? Often that is the *last* place I'd want to bring
    > something new up and from my experience the feeling is mutual :)

I'm not suggesting trying to have the conversation there, but rather, that
it's an important place to find interested parties.  To be clear: it's for
the announcement.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-