Re: [Last-Call] [Captive-portals] Last Call: <draft-ietf-capport-architecture-08.txt> (CAPPORT Architecture) to Informational RFC

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the quick feedback.

> I am curious why section 3.4 does not consider the MAC Address as a possible identifier?

Its omission doesn't mean that the MAC Address is not a valid
identifier. One should evaluate it using the criteria provided in 3.2
and 3.3. When I wrote the skeleton of this section, I left the MAC
Address out more to keep the section short than anything, though I did
consider adding it.

Bob, do you think the MAC address needs to be considered in this
section for completeness?

How does the capport wg feel as a whole about this question?

Thanks,

Kyle