Re: Assessment criteria for decision on in-person/virtual IETF 108

On Fri, May 8, 2020, at 17:06, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:

[Jordi] I guess we are missing the relevance of why the contracts mention that here and I think it will be important to make it public, not just because it is relevant for this Covid-19, but because *maybe* we as a community need to decide if that’s important to keep in contracts. Why an US organization source? (or only an US source)? Can we please explain that, probably in another thread? I don’t think there is anything secret that we can’t discuss openly about those specific parts of the contracts.

I'm not Jay, but IETF LLC is a US Company, so a US source makes sense.  Contracts need to have a jurisdiction on them, and I bet that the jurisdiction is one where the CDC is the authoritative body in legislation.

Bron.

P.S. maybe we as a community could decide to micromanage ourselves into inability to get anything done.  In another thread a while ago I suggested this as the most likely eventual death for the IETF - that we get so caught up navel gazing our own processes that we implode into our own event horizon, Bleak-Housing ourselves all the way to the end.  Not that I think we're close to it yet, and maybe it was worse before I joined - I don't have a long organisational memory here!

--
  Bron Gondwana, CEO, Fastmail Pty Ltd
  brong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx