Re: The IETF Mission

Vernon Schryver wrote:

> > From: grenville armitage <garmitage@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> > then that's a problem we can fix without creating an indestructable I-Ds.
	[..]
> I have never failed to find copies somewhere
> on the net.  Today the only aspect of an I-D that expires after 6 months
> is the endorsement implicit in a copy at venera.isi.edu or www.ietf.org.

That's the extent of my observation. The implicit endorsement of
storing an I-D at www.ietf.org should be temporary. If people want to
store/publish/whatever a document elsewhere, well, that's fine and dandy.
This thread was (I thought) about an IETF-endorsed archivive of I-Ds,
which I object to as unnecessary. I suspect we may agree.

cheers,
gja