Re: News about the Internet Society and PIR.

On Sat, 2 May 2020, Christian Huitema wrote:
... But at the same time, the stable source of revenues removes the dependency on contributions from members, and thus mightily diminishes the influence of these members on the operation and direction of the Internet Society. There is peril there too.

The ISOC contribution to the IETF is $5M/year, which seems rather a stretch to get from individual contributions.

As I'm sure you're aware, ISOC members elect 2/3 of the board, 1/3 from the chapters, 1/3 from the organizations. The IAB selects the other 1/3, currently including me.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl@xxxxxxxxx, Taughannock Networks, Trumansburg NY