Re: PSA pt 1: for better videoconferencing at home on slow links

On 4/25/20 1:02 PM, Dave Taht wrote:
On Sat, Apr 25, 2020 at 12:54 PM Michael Thomas <mike@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dave asked to try this on my openwrt router at home. this is with SQM on
which got A A A

http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/62830190

this is SQM off and it got a C for bufferbloat and a B overall

http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/62830524
wow, 560ms of peak bufferbloat on the down, and 240 on the up. vs
~50ms each way.

you should def try correcting for your dsl framing also. you are
leaving some bandwidth on the floor.

Which knob would that be? And note the second URL is the one with SQM OFF

Mike

Mike