www.internetforce.org

Reposted without the digital signature for easy reading by all and to
inform the IETF on a place where non technical discussions about the
Internet can take place (a lot lately on IETF mailing list?)
-----------------

Well as many people hate IP addresses, I have it under a new domain
name...

We cannot use ISTF because it is linked to an ISOC past with a special
purpose and meaning, also after reading everybody contributions in this
list and from the ISOC board, I don't think ISTF need to be resurrected.
I don't think ISTF will be resurrected.

ISDF is only one component of what we want to do, and we will rely on
the ISDF list to reach all the people, still many do not have Web
Access... We will however need a ISDF secretariat that will summarise
what is happening on this list and post it as an article on the web
site.

Now, following Fred Baker ideas, I don't think we should have any task.
Fred Baker is Chairman of ISOC but also highly involved in IETF. We
cannot model an IETF system, because while we can have tasks and
standards in a technical point of view, I don't think we can have tasks
and standards for societal or political issues. Who are we to recommend
things as Mike Todd suggests? Who are we to say that we represents all
the Internet users or that all Internet users can participate in our
forums?

What we can do is offer a platform where people from various opinions
can express themselves freely and build documents on any subject on
Internet related issues. It is a collaborative platform where all users
are given the same right to change, modify, create... I would like this
site to be modelled on the OpenSource concept or more on the
FreeSoftware concepts:
-Any person can participate (no committee reviewing, just peer
acceptance)
-Release often, release Early (post your drafts online and let people
modify it)

Well, so who are we? We are just a group of people who have some
influence in our fields, so we are a force, an Internet Force:

www.internetforce.org

As for ISOC, I don't intend to dissociate myself from ISOC, nor do I
want this site to be a fork of any ISOC activity... Let's say that we
are experimenting something, therefore I'm keeping the requirement that
any user on www.internetforce.org must be an ISOC member (we have here
an even higher requirement than the IETF by the way). I just found out
that the ISOC web site and mailing lists were difficult to update. I
have heard that ISOC is running a wiki but could not find it out easily.
We need something for a bottom up approach where any can contribute
easily without having to go via committees. I hope the ISOC will find
some information useful and will be able to sanction some of the future
documents as official ISOC. I think it will be better that way: We write
many documents, and some reach ISOC status letting the board decide
which one it likes...

PS: Ian, I'm updating the various pages... suggest you spend some time
in the sandbox or on doc.tikiwiki.org to learn more on the Interface
(true for all) ;)

I will add some more features slowly and some content too but on this
last one I rely on all....

On Sun, 2003-12-28 at 10:51, Ian Peter wrote:
> Ian Peter
>

> (off to figure out how to connect my home page to the ontributing
> Individuals Page - I tried to follow Franck's instructions, it didn't
work
> for me but obviously did for many others).

----
Franck Martin
franck@xxxxxxxxx
SOPAC, Fiji
GPG Key fingerprint = 44A4 8AE4 392A 3B92 FDF9  D9C6 BE79 9E60 81D9 1320
"Toute connaissance est une reponse a une question" G.Bachelard