Re: More frustrating that not having [ietf] (Fw: Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender)

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003, Mark Smith wrote:

> I find this more frustrating. I have a dynamic IP address, because fixed IP address ADSL isn't very common here in Australia. So I use DYNDNS to map my domain MX records. I can't get matching PTR records.
>
> I'm assuming my mail bounced because I don't have matching PTR and MX records.
>
> Why should email assume fixed IP addresses for email delivery, or rather, matching PTR and MX records ?

You could have the first authoritative nameserver listed with your
registrar as the dyndns address, then do your dns locally for your domain.
Two scripts on http://sleekfreak.ath.cx:81/technology.html allow this,
regenerating the zone file every time the address changes.  The two
scripts run under client/server model presently.  They would have to be
merged or called sucessively to make it work on one host.

Scott

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 01:11:28 +1030 (CST)
> From: MAILER-DAEMON@xxxxxxxxxxx (Mail Delivery System)
> To: ietf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender
>

> This is the Postfix program at host nosense.org.
>
> I'm sorry to have to inform you that the message returned
> below could not be delivered to one or more destinations.
>
> For further assistance, please send mail to <postmaster>

> delete your own text from the message returned below.
>
> 			The Postfix program
>
> <cook@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>: host mail.netaxs.com[207.8.186.26] said: 550 5.7.1
>     <cook@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>... 203.102.233.19 is unwelcome here

sleekfreak pirate broadcast