Eating the canned from the new information society

I was curious enough to read the contents of this URL, (about the U.N. about
to meet to do something or another with "the information society"):
  http://www.itu.int/wsis

Site barely moves. We have good bandwidth and its 400 bit/S, says my browser.

So, for fun, I tried:
  http://www.alpo.com/

Which loads instantly. The make dog food.

Working assumption: When the self annointed intelligentsia about to make all
these unrequested experiments with Internet can achieve the real world
performance of a dog food company, they will have made "progress".

Do you think there is going to be even *one* delegate, even *one*, who
decides they should just leave things alone?

Regards,
Dan