Re[2]: www.isoc.org unreachable when ECN is used

This exchange is rather interesting, since it seems to focus on my
system, which failed to get a useful connection at one point in time,
but did get one the next day when I tried it again, without making
any changes.

So, now it is argued that I need to fix my system.  It has also been
stated that it Is time for me to change ISP PROVIDER.  I can think of
lots of reasons to do so, if I could find one that is worth the effort
and disruption.

I don't really believe other IP providers are all that much better.
I already pick up and post my mail with another small ISP, that I
really trust.

So, what is this ECN stuff all about, that I should understand and
deal with? Quite frankly, I am amazed at how much diagnosis you all
have done without knowing much of anything about my system, or my
connection and service provider.

Am I to understand that Verizon is engaged in some kind of dastardly
business of unhinging the Internet?

It seems that my withdrawal from IETF participation after the Chicago
meeting (which blessed ICANN -- For Shame!) leaves me at some kind of
technical disadvantage, though I doubt that continued travel to IETF
meetings would have been of any value at this point, so I do not plan
to resume.  So, you can all relax;-)...  I am not coming back, not
even to San Diego where I could just commute from home.

Now, I sometimes find that my use of an Opera Browser causes some of
my connections to fail on my MAC OS.9.2.3 OS.  I am looking to update
to a new OS-10... in the near future, but as I am retired, I am not
rushing to spend the money;-)...  Certainly not because of this
flapping discussion...

Cheers...\Stef