RE: IETF58 - Network Status

--On 13. november 2003 21:46 +0200 "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <dromasca@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yes, this looks to affect some models of cards and drivers more than
other. Unfortunately, I fell this time in the unlucky category. The same
model of card, driver, and OS that worked perfectly for many in many
other similar events, including the last three or four IETF meetings made
my work impossible this whole week with the wireless setting at this IETF
network. On this respect this was - for me - by far the worst IETF since
I am using wireless connectivity. Sorry guys.

not been around long?
I remember one of the earlier Washington IETFs.... a LOT fewer laptops, but even bigger problems. And that even without the misbehaviour seen today.

we're living on the bleeding edge, and this time it seems we're bleeding more than usual, thanks to some problems we still don't understand fully.

so rather than worrying, let's see what we can do to help....

if someone - for instance - has EFFECTIVE tools for triangulating and locating ad-hoc stations, perhaps they can bring them to the next IETF meeting?

hARALD