Re: FYI: BOF on Internationalized Email Addresses (IEA)

On Fri, Oct 31, 2003 at 09:50:06AM -0500, John Stracke wrote:
> I think the only times I've seen anybody use PDAs to exchange contact
> information were at IETF meetings, in the hallways, when people had time
> to kill.  It just takes too long.  Typically, when two companies are
> meeting, and you've got, say, four people on each side, everybody swaps
> business cards in under a minute, and you're done.  Doing the same thing
> via IR would hold the meeting up too long.

Please keep in mind two things
1) I wrote
     "I am not too enthusiastic with all that internationalization" ;-))
2) I used the example with PDAs mainly for international contacts. Maybe
   our company is to small, but most of the time I have face to face
   contact to people of foreign companies they are from a local
   subsidiary and they have a local domain on their cards. So with most
   of the meetings (for me at least) this would be a non issue.

	\Maex

--
SpaceNet AG            | Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14 | Fon: +49 (89) 32356-0
Research & Development |       D-80807 Muenchen    | Fax: +49 (89) 32356-299