Re: accusations of cluelessness

> > > As far as I can tell, the IPv6 site
> > > local discussion on both sides is only about moot theories.
> >
> > That's because you aren't trying to write apps that operate across
> > addressing realm boundaries, and you're apparently not willing to listen
> > to those who are.
>
> I am working on an application that works accross addressing realm
> bondaries.
[...]
> That nasty stuff causes all kinds of real world trouble

just a couple of messages ago you were claiming that the discussion was about
moot theories and now you're claiming that it causes real world trouble.
which is it?

> So why are you only repeating what you've said many times before instead
> of writing an RFC that will repudiate and replace BCP 5?

the reason I repeat these things once in awhile is because a significant
fraction of people still don't get it, and they're hindering progress.

the reason I don't try to repudiate BCP 5 is that it's clear that for IPv4
we're out of addresses, and you can't really solve the problem in IPv4
any other way except to move to another address space.