Re: [Fwd: [Asrg] Verisign: All Your Misspelling Are Belong To Us]

I agree with Zefram here, for at least a couple of reasons:

- there's a difference between doing this in infrastructure and
   doing this in a client program

- there's a difference between doing this in a scenario where
  there probably really IS a human in the loop (IE) and a
  scenario where there's no reason to think that a human is
  involved (trivially, an FTP running from cron on a Unix box)

- there's a difference between doing this in a component that
  can be replaced (IE) and one that is very difficult to replace
   in a meaningful way (DNS)

Not that I think IE's redirection is a GREAT example of the
Internet at its finest...

Spencer