Re: Solving the right problems ...

Randall,

>>RRSh> Now of course if the application wants to be aware, it can "subscribe to
>>RRSh> events" that let it know that it happened.
>>
>>That sounds remarkably like a "presence" service.

RRSh> No, what it is is a socket call you make that "subscribes" do address
RRSh> events on the socket.

oh.  ok.  I thought you were referring to a protocol issue, not a local
programming issue.

I suppose it is interesting that the language you used in your previous
statement could have either meaning.  Not sure _how_ it is interesting,
though...

d/
--
 Dave Crocker <dcrocker-at-brandenburg-dot-com>
 Brandenburg InternetWorking <www.brandenburg.com>