Re: Careful with those spamtools.....

> Valdis wrote:
>There's an even bigger problem - you have to make the difficult choice
between:

>1) Flag the DMZ mail server of every site that uses RFC1918 space, since the
>"previous
>hop" is in their 1918 space.  This won't win you friends....

No need to flag it as being dishonest when it is not dishonest.

> Valdis wrote:
>2) Allow a "pass" for 1918 space, and just accept that spammers will use a
>dummy
>RFC1918 network (of possibly 1 node looped back to itself) to "look like" (1).

But as I said in previous post I know of at least one proprietary way to detect
this.

> Dean wrote:
>I do not think that _all_ anti-spam is useless.

I asserted here _how_ all existing (that are in public domain and I am aware
of) can be rendered useless (eventually):

http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/ietf/Current/msg22190.html

> Dean wrote:
>I think that content analysis holds much promise.

Agreed but not by ... [phrase withheld due to IP charter of this list] ... due
to information theory.  I can not say more until the patent is pending.

> Only a few years ago, we
>thought that speaker-independent voice recognition was science fiction.

I personally did not think so since I got into studying filtering theory in
1986.  Much of my early work was due to an interest I had in robotics and A.I..

>Along similar lines, I think it will be possible for intelligent agents to
>decide whether email is likely to be interesting to us.

Yes it already exists and will hopefully be demonstrated publicly soon.  I
guess (according to Vernon) that means I am a "Kook" until demonstrated :)

Shelby Moore
http://AntiViotic.com