Re: Proposal to define a simple architecture to differentiate legitimate bulk email from Spam (UBE)

I am not talking about email spreading virues. A number of viruses appear
to send spam. (not spreading). Sometimes this is autonymous. Sometime it
is under control via IRC channel back to the virus operator. Further, it
seems that many open proxies are installed by virus.  Once the virus has
control of the computer, it has or will obtain keys to private keychains,
etc.  It can do whatever the infected users can do.

The number of 40-50 emails per IP figure comes from analysis of spam
messages that get by filters, by reviewing how many messages came from the
same source. A lot of spam that gets by filters is of this very low volume
type.

		--Dean