Re: Proposal to define a simple architecture to differentiate legitimate bulk email from Spam (UBE)

Excuse me, it is a valid issue that spammers will try to pipe through mailing lists (legitimate bulk email) to avoid *BE enforcers.

Mailing list administrators will continue to carry this burden and probably more so under my proposal.

Thus yes I agree that authentication of incoming to "pull" servers is a major consideration.

However unlike with current paradigm, the receiver can then opt-out of the spam.  Thus darwinism will force effective solutions, because those mailing lists that are successful will have more receivers than those who are not (because the receivers how power of opt-out of spammy lists unlike now where they can not opt-out of spam email because their legit bulk email not unbundled).

And remember that commercial legitimate bulk email is not effected by incoming pollution issue.

Shelby Moore
http://AntiViotic.com