Re: Proposal to define a simple architecture to differentiate legitimate bulk email from Spam (UBE)

Hello Shelby,

I run a few mail servers, and have built many more. I personally would
have no desire for my mail to be handled by POP3, passed in cleartext
across the public internet, when I simply log into
my machine securely (locally or remotely) and type "mail" to access my
email.  Further, I am not interested in having my mail sit on someone elses
server.  Don't get me wrong Shelby, I HAVE a POP3 server, that I built
myself, for the use of friends and affiliates.  Nor do I have the desire
to collect 2-3000 mail boxes in my lifetime, for all of the business
relationships I may make during this period.

IF you want to get rid of spam, try communism, wherein there is no need
for commercial messages of any type.  Seems easier than a complete rewrite
and redeployment of SMTP, which is what would be necessary inthis
instance.

Scott