Re: Your application

Hi there!

This message is from an autoresponder. This move was hasty, so I apologize for not telling you in person -- this e-mail account gets about 3 MB of SPAM per day, too - that's about 7 a day that get through my spam filter. If you know me, please follow the instructions below to deduce my new address, and please re-send! I'm anxious to hear from you.

Also, please note: As of 7/14/2003, this e-mail address stopped accepting mail for delivery, so if you are a friend, or would simply like to contact me, please send a copy of what you just sent to this address to the address below. Thanks!

My personal e-mail address has moved!

I'm about to describe how to get my new personal e-mail address. Assuming you're human, you should have no trouble with this.

5 parts.

First part: The opposite of 'apogee'. I've had this handle forever. In fact, it's the same as the one here at webcom. Starts with a 'p'.

Second part: That weird 'a' with a circle around it. It's in almost everyone's e-mail address. I bet most of you don't even remember the old days, when it was uucp, and you had to use exclamation points! (That was back before the Web.)

Third part: Just what the hell is my name anyway? I bet if you use my seven-letter first name (don't forget the second 'l', the one between the 'o' and the 'm'), and my three-letter last name (starts with 'g'), and you concatenate them (combine them in order with no spaces between them), you'll get my 10 letter domain name (not counting the dot or the com). Be sure to make it all lower case. If you really need a hint. Go to http://www.webcom.com/perigee and see where you get redirected to.

Fourth part: dot. '.' 1/3 of an ellipsis. Amazingly useful piece of punctuation.

Fith part: The other half of 'dot.com'. The end of the phrase. The last three letters. Oh yes. now you should have it.

Thank you for being human.

If you're not human:

'Move along. Nothing to see here. These are not the droids you're looking for. What black helicopters?'