RE: WG Review: Centralized Conferencing (xcon)

Leaving the SIP-XMPP discussion aside (nobody will change their mind anyway)
a matter of concern is the 100% dominance of protocol experts in this
discussion and no real participation from conference service operators and
conference platform vendors. This raises several flags...

As a participant in developing IP conference services, I have seen the
challenge of integrating IP conference technology with AAA (OSS) and with
operator support services.

In this light, I believe we need to start with generic requirements for XCON
target systems (what should they be anyway?) and examine/compare the
candidate protocols later. Such a document SHOULD be co-authored by (1)
conferencing services providers first and (2) by conferencing platform
vendors, second.

Could we shift this debate from protocols to requirements?

Henry