Re: [Fwd: Emerging Network Usage and Engineering Issues]

Please qualify your false statement I would appreciate - what was A-net all about.  IETF is a powerful mover, just as it spoke against spamming.  Without IETF prodding nothing would ever happen.  Imagine that UK sub crews are told to tune into BBC to check if London has been nuked, before retaliating.  BBC and other internet media orgs should look for such a standard.

I do not really think that it is lack of stray nukes that keeps us safe.  It may be that those who have them lack triggering knowledge and transport to target is a problem.  Even if you have nuke detectors, they could use microwave EMP disruptors to get to town. Ok RAND Corp and others would also help.

Nyagudi

John Stracke <jstracke@centive.com> wrote:
NM Research wrote:

> My answer to your question is that I want IETF, ISO and ITU to set
> nuclear warfare standards,

It might be useful for someone to produce such standards, but they're
really not in the IETF's domain of expertise. Maybe some part of ISO
would be better.

> The internet was not made for e-commerce, its mission was to
> communicate during nuclear warfare.

False.

--
|John Stracke |jstracke@centive.com |