Re: concerning draft-josefsson-dns-url-08.txt

AS I understand it, originally the DNS system interpreted w.x in domain
y.z first as w.x.y.z. then w.x.z. then w.x.. If you wanted to be
absolutely sure you got w.y you had to say w.y..

In interesting aside - many countries (e.g. UK) seem to be using a
domain naming system that ends in .cc (.uk) but kind of echoes what we
have locally in the US (.com, .org, .edu etc), but (maybe) don't go the
next step and allow people to just say something like ibm.com and mean
ibm.com.uk.. I wonder why not - it would make things a lot more relevant
to the local people, and if they really wanted the international .com
they could add the trailing dot. Or does it already work that way?