Re: myth of the great transition (was US Defense Department formally adopts IPv6)

> OK, so I'm wrong - and you have nothing to say against NAT if we are only
> proposing to use IPv4+NAT, and have no intention of adding NAT to IPv6?

I'm certainly not going to pretend that NAT doesn't have problems - and when
people argue that NAT is mostly harmless, I'm likely to try to counter that
idea because IMHO it's dangerous misinformation.  But I recognize that NAT is
here to stay in IPv4, that people will continue to use IPv4+NAT for the apps
that it works for, and that for some users, this is currently 100% of their
apps.  For now those users have little incentive to support IPv6, though I
think those users might be encouraged to adopt IPv6 in addition to IPv4+NAT as
IPv6 enables new apps that can't run on IPv4+NAT.  Which is why I've done some
work to try to make the barrier to adopting IPv6 on an existing IPv4 network
as low as possible.

I think we might get rid of IPv4+NAT eventually, simply because sites will
find it easier to maintain one set of addresses, filters, etc., rather than
two.   But I see this as a long way away.

my main goals are:

- combat the idea that NAT as a concept makes good sense from an architectural
  point of view
- keep IPv6 safe for distributed and/or p2p apps.