Re: Certificate / CPS issues

I suggested a few month ago that the PKI to become gPKI should be supported by the DNS system by using special DNS records and an ldap naming scheme.

In short (go in the archive and look for GLOBAL PKI on DNS), I want to send you an e-mail so I query the DNS with the domain bbn.com and it reply to me that the PKI for this domain is located at ldap://computer.bbn.com/ I then query this ldap server to extract your public key/ certificate. The certificate of the PKI of bbn.com would have been signed by the PKI of com which would have been signed by the PKI of the root servers.

The DNS does not carry at any time a certificate (too big)

The DNS here is only offering a location service (small DNS records/transfers)

Cheers
Franck