Re: Engineering to deal with the social problem of spam

Iljitsch van Beijnum <iljitsch@muada.com> wrote:

 > Someone's "home MTA" sould be able to simply rate limit the number
 > of messages an individual user gets to inject into the global email
 > distribution system. Then all we need is a system to differentiate
 > between trusted MTAs and rogue ones run by spammers.

Then we're back to Square One (okay, maybe Three) with blacklists and
whitelists.  Not that throttling is itself a bad thing... I'd like to
throttle some spammers....  ;->

--
David J. Aronson, Unemployed Software Engineer near Washington DC
See http://destined.to/program/ for online resume, and other info