Re: The utilitiy of IP is at stake here

On Sat, 31 May 2003, Paul Hoffman / IMC wrote:

> Given the above, the reason that the people who are most financially
> hurt by the spam problem have not done anything about it from a
> protocol level is either that they are financially stupid or that

I find your position curious for a couple of reasons:
  a.  You have now explicitly noted that your data is several
      years old
  b.  Three big mail providers (AOL and as I recall, MSN and Yahoo)
      recently announced a joint inititiative to deal with the spam
      problem.

Perhaps their costs have now changed to the point where a solution might
cost less than the cost of dealing with spam. Or they decided they
couldn't wait any longer for the IETF to take the problem seriously.

Dave Morris