Re: The utilitiy of IP is at stake here

Paul,

PHI> All my discussions were not for attribution. Large mail carriers
PHI> don't want their competitors to know how many users they actually
PHI> have (as compared to the highly inflated numbers that various
PHI> analysts say they have), and they certainly don't want their
PHI> competitors knowing how much they are spending on dealing with spam.

Perhaps you could synthesize the numbers in a way that the carriers will
agree to?   That it, sanitize out the competitive information, to
produce something relevant only to spam control in the aggregate.

For example, if you offer a numeric range for cost per use, this says
nothing about how large anyone's installed base in, and they only need
to agree to you that their number is within the range.

d/
--
 Dave Crocker <mailto:dcrocker@brandenburg.com>