Re: The utilitiy of IP is at stake here

> From: "Eric A. Hall" <ehall@ehsco.com>

> think it's equally obvious that companies are spending massive amounts of
> money to try and solve this problem (assuming we agree that $500 million
> from one company qualifies as "massive"), and that they are continuing to
> pursue those solutions which are probably the most viable for their
> peculiar situations.

That's true only if you accept stuff in the mass media uncritically.
The mass media frequently get almost every thing else wrong by many
orders of magnitude, so why pick this tidbit to believe?
For Heaven's sake!  Do a sanity check and think about how you would
spend $0.5B on filtering spam.

Vernon Schryver    vjs@rhyolite.com