Re: spam

Tony Hain wrote:

The protocol needs
to be basic and simple, but place the bulk of the operational cost at
the origin rather than the current model of placing it at the receiver.

Hmm. It's pretty much in the nature of human-to-human communication that the receiver is always going to have higher humanpower costs than the sender (since it's easier to say something than to understand it); so the only way to shift the balance is to impose extra costs on the sender.

In other words, any group chartered to work on such a protocol would be *required* to be inefficient. At last, a charter goal we know we can meet! :-)

--
|John Stracke      |jstracke@centive.com                   |