Re: spam

Avi Lior wrote:

> > There is no cost to spam. It is purely an annoyance factor.
>
> There is no cost to spam?  Ha.  Wakeup!!!!
>
> Here are two real cases that effect me directly.  I pay for my service per
> volume (per octet).  Therefore it costs me real $$$$ to receive spam.
>
> Secondaly, the other day I received 4 spam SMS messages.  Never mind the
> annoyance of having to get the warning, open the phone, navigate through the
> messages, and delete them.  When I got my wireless bill, I was pleasantly
> rewarded by a charge of 10 cents for each SMS message!!!!

<lots snipped>

Reverse billing - a known and very worrying phenomenon that has been
appearing in what is normally regarded as Calling Party Pays territory

Dominic Pinto

Independent Adviser
Public & International Policy - Strategy - Regulation - PR - Commercial
Covent Garden London United Kingdom
Cellphone/GSM Mobile: +44 780 302 8268 Fax: +44 207 379-8341
Associated with http://www.telespherelimited.com
Friend or Former Student of University of Newcastle upon Tyne?
Join us: See http://www.ncl.ac.uk/alumni
Check out FITCE Congress 2003 Berlin at http://www.fitce.org