Re: spam

On Monday, May 26, 2003, at 03:06 PM, J. Noel Chiappa wrote:

The reason is that I think all these legal measures are a complete waste of
time. The spammers who are determined to send you stuff will simply move
overseas to jurisdictions which don't care about spam (those that aren't
already there, that is - I get a lot of spam in Asian alphabets I can't even
read). All these US laws are interesting, but ultimately a waste of time.

If spammers are forced to operate from certain network locations it will, at least, be easier to filter them at the door. If the product is being sold from north america/europe, it doesn't matter where the spammer is, the seller should also be responsible legally.

-- www.simonwoodside.com -- 99% Devil, 1% Angel