Re: A simple question

Thus spake "Robert Elz" <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>
>   | To assign more than one address to every host means the host must
>   | have an intelligent means of deciding which address to use.
>
> Yes, but the amount of intelligence actually needed is pretty minimal.
> (It is actually harder to decide between multiple available global
> prefixes, than to decide between global and site local - the former is
> a difficult problem, the latter is almost trivial).

Agreed.  But the former is a problem nobody has solved after a couple
decades' effort.  Choosing a source address today is a problem only for
dual-homed hosts, which are fairly rare; I see no compelling reason to bring
this afflication to every IPv6 host until the problem is solved.

>   | I don't trust the hosts (either OS or the user) with that decision
>   | any more than I trust them with QOS.
>
> But you do trust them to select a suitable outgoing interface, to pick
> a usable router, and to choose amongst several different possible
> addresses for the destination (over which you most often have no
> control).

Most hosts have one interface, one source address, and one default gateway
(or two that are equally valid).  Recall the KISS principle.