Re: Thinking differently about the site local problem (was: RE:site local addresses (was Re: Fw: Welcome to the InterNAT...))

> Tony is right -- any registration process costs resources.

agreed, though the cost of registering a domain name should serve as a useful
upper bound.  at least with address blocks you don't have to worry about I18N,
trademark infringement, etc.

> But,  if these addresses are assumed to be not routable, then there
> shouldn't be any routing table bloat.  Put differently, once can
> conceive of three ways to get addresses:
>
> 	* From an RIR, as PI space
>
> 	* From an ISP, as PD CIDR space.
>
> 	* From some other process, as long-prefix, almost
> 	certainly unroutable, isolated space.

actually it's highly desirable if such addresses *are* routable by private
agreement, just not by default.

I don't see why we shouldn't be able to choose from the above three options.