Re: site local addresses (was Re: Fw: Welcome to the InterNAT...)

On Thu, Mar 27, 2003 at 06:46:10PM -0500, Keith Moore wrote:
> No, it's more than that.  SLs impose burdens on hosts and apps.
> SLs break the separation of function between apps and the network that
> is inherent in the end-to-end principle.

Is it safe to assume that the arguments (on either side) would also
apply to such things as multicast addressing and SCTP path management?

> Actually we are working toward an architecture that provides a level of
> consistency.

Which is essentially what I'm rephrasing into a question above.  I
think I know the answer, but I want to make sure.

John