Re: Eating our own Dog Food...could the IAB and IESG use SIP for conference calls

On Mon, 24 Mar 2003, Richard Shockey wrote:

> I certainly endorse the idea of considering Canada or Mexico as possible
> sites for future IETF meetings, but I suspect that the weekly
> teleconferece calls that the IAB and IESG have represent a significant
> line item for the Secretariat.
>
> In case anyone has not heard, SIP is quite capable of handling this type
> of task and there are a variety of commercial as well as open source
> Client User Agents as well as commercial products and services that
> could help reduce this cost.

Are there existence proofs of IETF-style WGs conferencing via SIP these
days?  I don't know anything about these services, but it seems to me that
to be practical, a SIP-capable conf call service would also have to
support plain-old telephony callers as well.

 - RL "Bob"