Re: Protocol Action: iSCSI to Proposed Standard

 >> All the Internet documentation with which I am familiar, as well
 >> as the
 Mallikarjun> I think we have a case of overlapping vocabulary from
 Mallikarjun> two different domains.

 Mallikarjun> Per SCSI Architecture Model (SAM-2, SAM-3), iSCSI is
 Mallikarjun> very clearly a "SCSI transport protocol" (as opposed to
 Mallikarjun> a SCSI application layer protocol).  Parallel SCSI,
 Mallikarjun> Fibre Channel etc. are all "SCSI transports" per SCSI
 Mallikarjun> conventions.  That is all the critiqued abstract is
 Mallikarjun> trying to describe.

Agreed.

Furthermore, certainly Fibre Channel provides a transport layer in the
OSI sense.  It also provides lower layers, but it certainly is a lot
more than a data link layer.

    paul