Re: Fw: namedroppers, continued (flamed in less than an hour. figures)

----- Original Message -----
From: "grenville armitage" <garmitage@swin.edu.au>
To: "Doug" <Dougxx2@carolina.rr.com>
Cc: <ietf@ietf.org>
Sent: Monday, January 06, 2003 2:10 AM
Subject: Re: Fw: namedroppers, continued (flamed in less than an hour.
figures)

> Doug re-posts and cross-posts yet another private email and writes:
> [..]

the reason it was cross posted was that I was not sure which mailing list
you were reading it on or Daniel either for that matter.

> > What you are refering to as netiquette is an unspoken rule of
> > USENET not a mailing list as far as I know, so I don't believe it
applies
> > here.

"as far as I know, so I don't believe" IE take it for what it is (my
opinion) and if I am indeed mistaken sorry to bother you with my mistake.

> I respectfully suggest you are mistaken. (On a number of points, and
> this one in particular.)
>
> [..]
> > Hopefully you won't be the next person to go in my filter
> > Grenville
>
> Either way is fine with me :)

Me to... I doubt you will be going there as your actually replying to me in
some sort of a civil manner but I guess you never know what tommorow will
bring.

> [..]
> > P.S. If you doubt the my claim that it was the entire message either
time I
> > can
> > always post them as file attachments for the whole group to see.
>
> No need. I just wasn't sure if you'd posted the entire message because,
> based on what you re-posted, there didn't seem to be enough to
> get all worked up about. Still doesn't, but you're free to assume

Good I really didn't want to have to post it again. The insult she levered
against me is that she was implying that not only did I not format it
incorrectly but that readers of it would not be able to understand it even
if I had inserted the paragraph breaks she was requesting. This was intended
as a shot at my ability to communicate.

> all you want about how things are supposed to work in the IETF. You've
> clearly been around this organization and our mailing lists for a long
time.

As far as how things work in the IETF well I am kind of new here since I
have only been subscribed to the list for about a year now and I have only
made as I stated one or two other posts. I guess I just assumed this was a
forum for professional adults that would be free from the usual trolling and
childish insults found in other arenas like usenet. Perhaps I was wrong but
I would like to think that I wasn't. Then again don't we all like to be
right about things like that.

> cheers,
> gja
> --