Re: IETF Sub-IP area: request for input (fwd)

On Mon, Dec 09, 2002 at 07:12:44PM -0500, Michael StJohns wrote:
> a) Sunset the area with a final decision point as 12/31/2003 and a closing
> date of 03/01/2004.  No further WGs will be chartered in this area.
> b) Ask the Nomcom to appoint 1 area director not from the current set of
> ADs for a term of 1 year. Term would run March 02 to March 03.

I cannot speak for the nomcom, but I will note that this would be
asking nomcom to take on the responsibility of appointing another area
director, *after* the call-for-candidates window has closed (the
deadline for suggesting a candidate for an IAB and IESG slot was the
last day of the Atlanta IETF meeting).

Hence, if a proposal involves additional work for the nomcom at this
late date, I would strongly urge that the Phil, as this year's nomcom
chair, be asked for his advice and consent before such a plan is
adopted.

						- Ted