RE: IETF Sub-IP area: request for input

I was in the room in Atlanta, and the consensus sounded more like 'leave
us alone' than 'there is a clear need for a focused area'. IMHO, the
area should be closed as it is not clear it has provided any real value
(despite the abstract claim of DP4). While DP5 suggests there is no
compelling reason to break it up, I contend that there was no compelling
reason to create it in the first place. As DP3 notes, there is a
continuing need for close coordination with the original areas. At the
same time, it is not clear there has ever been a need for close
coordination between the WGs in the sub-IP area. By the Spring meeting,
the area should be closed along with WGs that don't fit elsewhere.

Tony