Re: naming debates

Thus spake "Mark Harris" <mark.harris@iito.org>
> Being relatively new to IETF discussions...
>
> I have a few questions concerning your comment:
>
> When over a dozen people make comments of interest, regarding a topic on
the
> list, would it not seem that some people are not tired of it?
>
> What is the process, within the IETF, if a group sees interest in pursuing
> topic, while not burdening others, like yourself?

The IETF is organized into WGs that deal with individual issues; by your
argument, all of the WGs should conduct their business on the main IETF
list.  Clearly this doesn't scale.

There are lots of DNS lists out there, and this argument certainly isn't
new.  I apologize for wasting everyone's bandwidth/time this round and won't
continue to do so; I hope others follow suit.