RE: naming debates

Hello Marshall:

>listen to this very carefully:
>
>	GET YOUR ENDLESS DNS RANTS OFF OF THE IETF DISCUSSION LIST
>
>this has been going on for over a decade and reasonable people have grown
>tired
>of it.

Being relatively new to IETF discussions...

I have a few questions concerning your comment:

When over a dozen people make comments of interest, regarding a topic on the
list, would it not seem that some people are not tired of it?

What is the process, within the IETF, if a group sees interest in pursuing a
topic, while not burdening others, like yourself?

>may i humbly ask harold to start dropping folks from ietf-general who
>continue to post on this topic?
>
>we've already had a couple of warning shots on this, so i think it's
>perfectly reasonable to view persistent offenders as having fallen into
>the
>"fleming" category. let's nuke'em for a year and move on.

Doesn't this sound a little extreme?  Or is this the straw that broke the
camels back for you?

>kind regards,
>
>/mtr

Regards,