RE: Introducing the ID tracker

All;
	All of this is consistent with documentation management per se. may
I suggest a refinement. The use of a master list to specify what version is
current will stop a lot of noise. Suppose edits are to be made to version 5
to make version 6. the general population can busy themselves with version 5
till version 6 is finished. They are notified through the master list. If
the master list is a hyperlink list, well so much the better.